And now, let’s talk about the gents…
Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Who I Want to Win: The film is earning its own cult, but Nick Nolte was the heart of Warrior, and turned in one of his better performances.
- Who Should Win: One of the rare times where who I want to win is I think should win.
- Who Will Win: Sadly I don’t have an actual vote, so Nolte might win, but I also know there’s a lot of sentiment for Christopher Plummer in ‘Beginners’.
Best Actor in a Leading Role
- Who I Want to Win: I made my loyalties clear early, but if anyone was due for a ‘Sorry, you should have had one of these years ago’ Oscar, it’s Gary Oldman.
- Who Should Win: I’m fans of Clooney and Pitt, but Jean Dujuardin drove him the thesis ‘which I believe’ that what makes cinema special is that it’s a visual medium. This is extremely film snobbish of me to say, but you should be able to watch any (narrative) film on mute, and have a general idea of what’s going on at all times. Another debate for another day…
- Who Will Win: I wouldn’t be surprised by any of these guys winning, but I’ll stick with Dujuardin.
We’ll go into the weekend with the Best Picture predictions manana…