Today we look at the ladies…
Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Who I Want to Win: I might get outcast for saying this, but being partial to comedy anyway, I thought Melissa McCarthy stole every scene in the best comedy that came up last year.
- Who Should Win: She’s kind of been the black sheep as far as awards season goes, but Berenice Bejo more than carried her share of the weight in the film everyone’s been jocking this year (‘the Artist’.)
- Who Will Win: no reason to think the Oscar won’t go to Octavia Spencer at this point.
Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Who I Want to Win: I can’t penalize Viola for whatever feelings I may or not have for ‘the Help’ as a movie.
- Who Should Win: There’s an argument to be made for Meryl (as always), but I’ll say Viola should win it.
- Who Will Win: Hear me out; it won’t happen, but what if Meryl and Viola somehow split the vote and Michelle Williams sneaks in for ‘My Week With Marilyn’? It’s a performance people seem to like, it just came out on the ‘wrong year’ as they say. Just throwing it out there…
Tomorrow, breaking down the actors…