Five spoiler free thoughts for those of you who are going to see Captain America: Civil War this weekend:
- Up until it happened, if you would have told me they figured out a way in modern times to make Captain America a bad ass, I would have laughed in your face. But here we are.
- The debut of Marvel Batman. Chadwick is great, they made the suit look great. We know how it starts but there’s still a TON of things left unsaid that sets up his own film. (glancing in another studio’s direction…)
- As much as every part of me wanted to roll my eyes at the Star Wars reference…I laughed. it was pitch perfect.
- I had my doubts, but I AM ALL IN ON REBOOTING SPIDER MAN RIGHT AWAY WITH AN ACTUAL TEENAGER AND UNCLE MALIK IS ALL IN ON HOT AUNT MAY! Best parts of the movie.
- To review: understood Iron Man’s motivation. Understood Cap’s motivation. Understood villain’s motivation. Funny in several spots. Successfully introduced more than one new hero. Knew when to be funny, knew when to be serious. First must see movie of the summer.
Also, my updated in retrospect review of Batfleck v Boy Scout and all future DC attempts to play catch up until further notice:
Have a good weekend everybody!